Sawasdee! Welcome to Koh Samui: a tropical paradise of white-sand beaches, virgin islands, stunning coral reefs and turquoise sea. Koh Samui is everything that travel catalogues promise and much more. A favoured destination for celebrities and world leaders across the globe, Koh Samui is one of the most exclusive getaways of Thailand. The island is a treasure trove of attractions for every kind of traveller and we are on a quest to discover all that it has to offer. Our 7 day-tour takes you on some incredible adventures to explore the many hidden gems of the island. Try snorkelling in the waters of a secluded beach while schools of brightly coloured fish swim around you. How about a thrilling jeep safari inside the lush Samui rainforest? Or blissful days of island hopping and soaking in the sun, sea and sand on this Heaven on Earth? Choose from an exotic array of seafood and watch it being made in a sauce of your choice. How’s that for fresh! If the good life’s what you’re after, this is the trip for you and we’re here to make it an unforgettable one. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride: The Island beckons…
What is included in the tour
- Transfers to and from the airport
- All local transport
- Local permits for sightseeing
- All meals (as specified)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Air Travel
- Travel Insurance
- Any food/drinks not specified in itinerary
- Personal medication/shopping
- Additional activities like snorkelling/jet-skiing
- Sea kayaking in Angthong National Park
- Swimming and snorkeling in virgin beaches
- Jeep safari in Samui jungle
- Visit to Wat Plai Laem and the Big Buddha Temple
- Visit to Secret Buddha Garden
- After your arrival in Koh Samui, we will take the first day to acquaint you with the island and some of its local attractions. The idea is to fall in step with the pace and mood of life on the island- which is to be your home for the next week. A luxury sedan picking you up at the airport and a welcome drink on arrival at your hotel set the right mood. After this we are off for a full day’s tour of the city. We begin with a visit to a few interesting temples dominating the cityscape of Koh Samui. Wat Plai Laem is a Chinese- Buddhist temple with a striking idol of Guanyin, the Goddess of Mercy with its distinctive 18 arms. This is a living temple where scores of devotees come to pray every day. The temple is surrounded by a lake full of colourful fish that you can feed. Close to Wat Plai Laem is another Samui landmark- the Big Buddha Temple. This imposing temple with a 12-metre high Buddha sits on top of a rocky hill that is connected to the mainland with a causeway and is one of the first sights of Koh Samui that greet you when you fly in to the island. Today we will also visit the vibrant local markets where barefoot monks wander the streets with their alms bowls, and natives and tourists hunt for the best bargains. Shop for souvenirs and have lunch at a local restaurant before continuing the tour. The Ta Nim Waterfalls and Secret Buddha Garden are next on our itinerary. This is an intriguing garden set on the peak of the falls and includes several statues depicting stories from Buddhist folklore. The garden also provides stunning views of the island and is a great place for taking photographs. After this, it’s back to the hotel. You can spend the rest of the day at leisure enjoying the hotel amenities or explore the island on your own once its lights come on after sundown.
- Get ready to soak up some sun, sand and sea today as we set off for the quintessential beach adventure. Enjoy a lavish breakfast spread at the hotel before leaving for Thong Lrut Pier, located at the southern end of Koh Samui. From here it is a 30-minute ride by long-tail boat to Koh Tan. This secluded island is also called Coral Island for the abundance of colourful corals found here. It is also a great spot for snorkelling. The shallow waters near the beach make this an ideal adventure for children and those trying snorkelling for the first time. You can also enjoy swimming in the clear waters of the sea or relax on the beach with a cool drink. In the afternoon we will take another boat ride to the adjoining island of Koh Mudsum and enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. Enjoy more snorkelling, swimming and kayaking here and then a leisurely hike around town. After a full day’s outing at the beach, we make our way back to our hotel in Koh Samui where you are free to spend the rest of the evening as you like. Try a rejuvenating massage after the day’s exertions or explore the vibrant night- life on the island that never sleeps.
- Koh Samui is a beautiful mix of contrasts. After the last day’s beach adventure, it’s time to explore the forests. A 4WD jeep takes us into the heart of the Samui jungle. Drive through the thick canopy of trees inside this virgin forest and explore some of the hidden roads and less frequented corners of the island. Visit a local rubber plantation for a quick insight into the process of rubber production. Next, enjoy a go on a man-made forest slide `a la Tarzan! This is the only slide of its kind in Samui and a really fun ride for children and adults alike. Our jungle safari now takes us to the Na Muang Waterfalls. Also known as Purple Falls, because of the distinct purple colour of its rocks, the Na Muang Falls are considered the most beautiful in Samui. Take a dip in the water and then relax by the cool shade by the pool. Remember to carry a change of clothes and towel if you want to get in the water. This is where we sit down for a picnic lunch before setting off for a visit to a nearby mountain farm. The farm grows an assortment of exotic fruit. Sample some of the fresh produce and then trek a short way downhill from the farm, taking in the views of the island and the sea. From here, it’s back to the hotel by evening.
- Today’s tour is a journey back in time to discover the cultural history of Koh Samui. Our day begins with a trip to the charming village of Hua Thanon. This is one of the last surviving fishing villages in Koh Samui and home to a largely Muslim community of fishermen. Walk through the village and visit its local fish market to see the best catches of the day. From here we make our way to the secluded Laem Sor Pagoda. The pagoda is made from yellow tiles that appear golden from a distance, creating a beautiful contrast against the blue of the sea. The entrance to the pagoda is guarded by colourful statues of two massive yaks holding swords. This less frequented spot located at the end of Bang Kao beach offers spectacular views of the island so make sure to carry your cameras and click away to your heart’s content. Next, we will pass the famous Elephant Gate, an intricately carved entrance where two life-sized elephant statues stand guard. The elephants are reflective of the significance of these large animals in Thai culture. The entrance leads to Wat Kiri Wongkaram, a striking white temple with exquisite artwork. The roof of the temple is made of brightly coloured tiles and a stunning testament to Thai architecture. Our last stop for the day is the small fishing village of Bophut. This quaint village has preserved its Thai-Chinese heritage, echoes of which can be found in the old Chinese shops that lie dotted along its narrow streets. Many of these shops now function as cafes and restaurants that cater to tourists. From here, we make our way back to our hotel.
- Today’s adventure takes us back to the sea. We get an early start today and drive out to the pier to board a boat that will take us to Angthong National Park. This is a natural archipelago consisting of 42 islands in the Gulf of Thailand. Angthong offers a spectacular contrast of white-sand beaches, coral reefs, lush forest, limestone cliffs and hidden caves. Most of the islands remain uninhabited and rich reserves of exotic plants and wildlife. Enjoy a light breakfast on board while our guide tells you about the ecological significance of Angthong. After this, get into American-made kayaks and sail along the coast of Mae Koh. Sea kayaking in these parts is a great way to explore the archipelago and spot its exquisite marine life. Land at the beach and then climb through dense rainforest to a stunning inland saltwater lake called Emerald Lake because of the deep green colour of its water. From here, board an escort boat that will take you on a cruise along the northern region of the park. Lunch is a delicious buffet of Thai delicacies and you can enjoy it on deck as we sail towards Dragon Island. Here, you can hike around the island exploring its many hidden caves and intriguing rock formations, or enjoy more time in the water, snorkelling, swimming or just relaxing on the beach. The beauty of the setting is ethereal and chances are you won’t want to leave! After a full day’s island hopping, we head back to the mainland in our boats and reach our hotel by evening.
- Haven’t had your fill of beach, sand and waves yet? Today’s trip takes you right back to the sea as we explore Koh Samui by boat. In the morning, we drive to the pier and board our boat that takes us along the coast of Koh Samui, sailing past the many islands that lie scattered across the gulf. Visit Lamai Bay, Big Buddha Bay, Chaweng Bay and Choengmon Bay and see the stunning contrast of limestone cliffs against the aquamarine sea. Sailing further on, we land on the beach at Koh Tan and enjoy a sumptuous barbeque lunch in its idyllic setting. Post lunch you can go for a swim or enjoy snorkelling near the coral reefs. This is a slice of Heaven on Earth and you’re free to experience it as you please. Our next stop is an island where farmers cultivate birds’ nests, popularly used in bird’s nest soups. This is a delicacy in Thailand and these birds nests, harvested in hidden caves can fetch as much as $10,000 per kilogram. This is an interesting addition to your Thai travelogue so make sure to take pictures. After this, we head to the town of Nathon, a small town that functions as Samui’s administrative hub. Our cars await us at Nathon and bring us back to our hotel.
- On the final day of your tour, we have an early breakfast at the hotel and then drive to the pier for a ferry ride to the island of Koh Phangan. Here, we will visit the famous Chinese Temple built after the vision of a woman in 1990. The woman, Mrs. Malawan was on a visit to the Sangthom Temple to distribute robes to the priests. At the time, Koh Phangan was a remote island, undiscovered by tourists and had no electricity. During her trip Mrs. Malawan is said to have been visited by Buddha in a dream who instructed her to build a fire light for the people of the island. Mrs. Malawan returned to Bangkok to collect funds and in two years, the temple was built. It is now a popular spot for devotees who consider it auspicious. After the temple visit we head towards Haad Khom beach, famous for its coral reef that surrounds the bay. Enjoy a quick swim and snorkelling here before moving on to Bottle Beach, believed to be the most beautiful beach in Koh Phangan. Have lunch at a local seaside restaurant and enjoy the fresh catch of the day cooked to perfection with an expert blend of aromatic spices. Post lunch enjoy kayaking along the coast of the island before taking the ferry back to Koh Samui. We return to the hotel where your luggage is packed and ready to be transferred to the car. It’s almost impossible to say goodbye to a place as beautiful as this. Our tour ends at the airport where we drop you off for your onward journey with the hope of welcoming you to Koh Samui again someday.